Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21st 2013: More Explorations While Doing Food Truck Stuff

Today, I started out with my food truck deliveries in the northeastern town of Chelmsford, passing by a few places while doing so.
Ginger Ale Plaza, 14 Littleton Road
Penham Park,
Wright Street and Princeton Street
Aldersgate United Methodist Church
Russell Millpond,
~300 Boston Road
Next in Billerica, I passed by Nutting Lake on Yale Street and Canterbury Street, which has a beach on the other side from where I was.

In Burlington, I passed by an office park, the Network Drive at Northwest Park.

In Medford, the Oak Grove Cemetery

and the old Gleason School at 160 Playstead Road



In Belmont, after passing by a few places in town,
Old Fire Station, 50 Leonard Street
Belmont Savings Bank
Old Building, 57 Leonard Street
I was successful at using my Groupon at Moozy's this time,


getting a Rainbow Sherbet ice cream,

The Arsenal (Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced tomato, fresh basil, and extra virgin olive oil) grilled cheese sandwich,

and the Oakley Sandwich (Sliced lean pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Russian dressing).



The ice cream was pretty good, while the Oakley was just like a Reuben sandwich. The Arsenal, on the other hand, tasted more like a salad than a grilled cheese, making it much less appetizing.

Next, in Cambridge, after passing by an old firehouse on the corner of Gore Street and 3rd Street,


I tried out a Mediterranean takeout place, Falafel Corner, located in Harvard Square.

Here, I got a Falafel roll-up,

a Beef Shawarma Roll-up,

and a Lamb Kebab Roll-up for free with my groupon.

This place is pretty small, but the food is pretty cheap and not too bad either.

The flowers were blooming on the shores of the Charles River, so I decided to take a few pictures here.
Finally, in the city of Boston, the signs of spring were everywhere,
Chandelier at Four Seasons Hotel 

 with fountains at Concord Square

and Braddock Park being turned on.
Here, I decided to have an Indian dinner at Mela Restaurant, a nicely decorated place in the South End area.
To start things off, I was given a complimentary teacup of Vegetable Soup, which wasn't too bad. 
The Masala Tea I got was pretty flavorless though.

For my meal, I decided to get the Mustard Lamb appetizer (Lamb rack chops, marinated in yogurt and mustard sauce, cooked in Tandoor),

and the Duck Jalfrazi (Tender pieces of boneless duck sauteed with mixed vegetables and spices).
Both dishes were excellent, with me not having had Indian food in a while, but that was not the end. I also got the Coconut Creme Brulee, 
and although I could not tease out the coconut taste,it was extremely delicious as well. One more restaurant to add to my list in Boston.

With that, I spent the rest of the night finishing off my deliveries before heading home. Looking forward to another week of doing more food truck stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment