Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 6th 2013: Dinner at New Jumbo Seafood Restaurant, Boston

Today, after helping to get some food truck stuff done, my friend and I decided to head into Chinatown in Boston, where I had a meetup dinner at New Jumbo Seafood Restaurant. After finding parking in the South End nearby, I realized I had no quarters, so I was forced to head into May's Cake House at 223 Harrison Avenue nearby to buy some dessert.

This place is located in the basement, and is a small bakery. The owners do not speak English, but thankfully my friend and I spoke Chinese, so we were able to get what we wanted, getting the Mango Pudding and the Coconut Tart. Apparently all the egg tarts were already sold out, and Yelp reviews do say that they are popular and cheap.

After getting my quarters and filling out my meter, we headed out to the restaurant, where we were a little late and everyone was already waiting outside.

We all sat down at 2 big tables, and ordered separately for each table. I decided to get the Braised Lamb with Beancurd Skin in a hotpot, and thankfully all my friends decided to share their dishes as well, which included Lemon Chicken, General Gau's Tofu, Wok Tossed Beef Chow Fun, Sesame Chicken and more.


I really liked my dish, although the others did not seem to take to it, and I also liked the tofu, although the Lemon Chicken had too little sauce and too much flour batter for my liking. The other dishes were not too bad though.

Overall, a pretty good restaurant, but the lemon chicken dish really spoilt my opinion of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment