Friday, April 5, 2013

April 5th 2013: 2 Upscale Dinners in 1 Night

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner event at an upscale French restaurant, the Pierrot Bistrot Francais, in Boston. I was lucky enough to find parking directly opposite the restaurant, and the people I was about to meet were already inside. We were having so much fun that we failed to looked at our menus, so the waitress had to wait a little longer before she was able to take our orders. After looking at the menu, I decided to try their appetizer special, the Scandinavian Platter, consisting of Crabmeat, Gravlax, Smoked Salmon and Herring, with seaweed salad in the center,

and the Cassoulet de Toulouse for my main dish, consisting of beans, pork, sausage and duck confit.
Both dishes were simply excellent, especially the Cassoulet, a kind of French casserole, which was really interesting in taste to me. My friend also allowed me to taste his Steak Tartare, which was raw beef and extremely tasty as well.

At this point, my friends called me to go to dinner at another place, but we were just getting started on dessert, so I decided to get the Tarte Tatin (upside down Apple Tart, Creme Fraiche), on recommendation from my Belgian friend.
And I have to say, it was a very good apple tart, infused with caramel flavor. I was also able to taste my friends' Mousse au Chocolat (chocolate mousse), which was okay, and the Creme Brulee, as well as the Creme Brulee ice-cream from the Gateau au Chocolat (chocolate cake and creme brulee ice cream), an ice cream flavor I never had before, and it was a pretty pleasing experience.

After leaving the restaurant, my friends told me they were on their way, so I told them to head to Terramia Ristorante in the North End while I walked there from where I was. By the time I reached there, they were still on their way and told me to order the Pollo (Roasted Organic Free-Ranged chicken, roasted potato and peppers, haricots verts, maple truffle vin cotto)

and the Branzino (Fresh filet of Sea Bass, baby spinach, Jonah crab polenta cake, Romesco fennel sauce) for them first.

Unfortunately, they could not find parking, and I was forced to box both dishes and bring it out to them instead. They looked good though. 

After looking for parking in vain, we finally headed to Cambridge Street and Bowdoin Street to eat in the car, as my friends had not eaten anything all day. With that, we wanted to find a McDonald's to get more food, but failing to do so, decided to head home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment