Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 27th 2013: Buffet Lunch at Old Country Buffet, Watertown

Today, in the midst of doing food truck stuff, I had a meetup event at Old Country Buffet, located within the Watertown Mall in Watertown. This place is a big buffet restaurant, and there were a lot of families here enjoying the cheap food.
Apparently, I was supposed to pay and get a ticket at the front desk, but somehow I was able to walk straight through without getting caught, only realizing later when my friends told me. Overall, the food was just okay, though there was a lot of variety, especially on the desserts side.

After lunch, I had to go back to doing food truck stuff, passing by the satellite dish at NESN along the way.

After being done with food truck stuff, I decided to head to Salsa's Mexican Restaurant, a typical bar restaurant in South Boston.

With my groupon, I decided to get the Mexican Carnitas (Marinated pork tips in orange and Chipotle sauce served with warm, soft corn tortillas)

and the Mahi Mahi Veracruz (grilled and sauteed with white wine, almonds, raisins, tomatoes, garlic, olives and Mexican Spices).
Both dishes were just average I guess, with the fish being pretty dry. Pretty disappointing meal overall.

After dinner, I decided to head to the Mystic Lakes area in Medford to catch the sunset, going to the Tufts University Boathouse as well. Pictures I took here of the beautiful scenery follow.
With that, I called it a day. Looking forward to my first full day of sightseeing tomorrow in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment