Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1st 2013: Lunch at Sweet Caroline's, Boston

In the midst of passing out flyers about our food truck today at various places like Boston University 
and the Financial District, I decided to grab some lunch at Sweet Caroline's, a bar restaurant in the Fenway Park area. The place had just opened when I arrived, so it was pretty much empty except for me.

Getting down to using my $40, I decided to get the Caroline’s Skillet Nachos (House made tortilla chips with a hint of lime, melted cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, fresh guacamole) for the appetizer,

the Roasted All Natural Berkshire Pork Chop (Butternut Squash Puree, trumpet mushrooms, roasted apple, orange-Calabrian chile vinaigrette) for my entree,

and the Fresh Baked Cookie Dough Pie (Large, baked to order cookie, Richardson’s vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce) for my dessert.
My chips were pretty typical, while my pork was tender and juicy, going well with the roasted apple and mushrooms below it. The dessert was pretty good as well.

Overall, pretty typical food, but not too bad for a sports bar restaurant.

With that, I headed back out and passed out flyers for the rest of the day, passing by a few places along the way,
Boston University

including the Big Apple Circus tent on the City Hall Plaza, which is here in town for only a few more days.

I have to say, it is hard to keep a smile on my face with the constant rejections from passers-by, but there were always people interested to know what our food truck was about. Thankfully, our truck did pretty well on our first day, at least in my opinion. Hope tomorrow will be as good as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment