Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 4th 2013: Dinner at One Thong Chai Thai Bistro, Fitchburg

Today after work, I decided to go have some Thai food at One Thong Chai Thai Bistro in Fitchburg, but not before passing by some places in Paxton,
Richards Memorial Library
St. Columba Church
First Congregational Church
others in Rutland,
Rutland Community Hall,
250 Main Street
St. Patrick's Church
First Congregational Church of Rutland
Rutland Public Library
Old Fire Station, ~300 Main Street
Moulton Pond,
67 Pommogussett Road
more in Hubbardston,
First Parish Unitarian Church
Day Spring Church, 
1 Gardner Road

where I also found a beach on the shores of Asnacomet Pond at ~96 Worcester Road
St. Edward the Confessor Church in Westminster which I missed the last time I was here,

and visiting some churches in Fitchburg itself,
Sacred Heart Preschool and Childcare Center,
22 Cottage Street
Beth Eden Baptist Church
Old Madonna of the Holy Rosary Church,
118 Theresa Street
Trinity Congregational Church
Elm Street Community Church
St. Camillus Church
Highland Baptist Church

including a beautiful waterfall at Snow's Millpond which I stumbled upon at ~667 Westminster Street before the sun went down.


Finally at the Thai restaurant, which was pretty decently decorated,
after looking at the menu, I decided to get the Moo Yang with Sticky Rice (Marinated Pork with Palm Sugar and Thai BBQ Sauce with sticky rice) appetizer,

and the Boat Trip Noodle Soup (beef noodle soup with slow simmered beef, cilantro, basil leaves, bean sprouts, watercress, scallion, topped with crispy garlic).

To be honest the best part of the meal was not what I ordered, but the free sweet tea that kept being served to me all night. The dishes themselves at best were average, though still tasty. I even had to add the sauce from the appetizer to the noodles to make it up to my standard in taste.

I would probably not recommend trying this place, although I have to say the "water" was a pleasant surprise for me when I first tasted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment