Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4th 2012: Meeting New People in Cambridge

Today was the last day my good friend would be in town before she left for New York, so I decided to see her one last time before she left. I had to work late today, so by the time I left, my friend had gone to the W Hotel in Boston. It was really hard to find parking here, with the parking lots being about $20 a visit. Thankfully, my friend decided to leave at this point, so we went to pick up another friend in Cambridge to head to Cambridge for dessert and conversation at Finale in Cambridge. Like the last time I was here, we had the 9 Piece Dessert Sampler, and this time we had the Molten Chocolate on the side as well.
Molten Chocolate
9 Piece Dessert Sampler










The desserts were delicious as always, but the conversation was better. My friend then brought us to meet some of her counterparts in Harvard Business School. They were doing their favorite pastime, playing a game called MAFIA, where people first determine their roles at the start of a round, be it a murderer, a policeman, a nurse or a simple commoner, and every "night", the murderers will kill someone, while the policemen will try to figure out who the murderers are, and the nurse will try to save a person from being killed. In the "morning", the people will discuss and vote to execute someone as a supposed killer. The game ends with either everyone being killed and the murderers winning, or the murderers all being killed and the commoners winning. Pretty intellectual game, but I seriously don't think I would want to play it almost every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment