Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8th 2012: Dinner at the Tavern in the Square, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner event at the Tavern in the Square in Allston, Boston. I decided to do some sightseeing in Brookline nearby before that. Before finding Corey Hill Park at 170 Summit Avenue, I passed by a few places in Boston.
Clock, Washington Street and Winship Street
Brighton Allston Congregational Church

International Community Church
Corey Hill Park, which is atop Corey Hill, naturally, had pretty decent views of the Allston area and Cambridge.


Sundial
Finally it was time for dinner. Heading to the Tavern in the Square, I decided to park illegally in the shopping center area. It seemed to me that I would not get towed if I looked like I was heading into the stores like the Dunkin' Donuts, then head out to the bar restaurant, so I did just that.

The place itself is pretty nice, and thankfully the organizer of the event was early like me. Unfortunately, as the weather was bad and trivia had been cancelled with the Celtics-Hawks playoff game being on tonight, only 5 of us showed up in the end. That did not stop us from having a good time though, with me getting the Stuffed Smoke House Burger with waffle fries on the side, which was pretty good actually.
Being worried about my car though, I checked on it often and had to leave early as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment