Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25th 2012: Dinner at Caffe Il Cipresso, Tyngsborough

After work today, I decided to use my Livingsocial deal at Caffe il Cipresso in Tyngsborough. I wanted to head into Dunstable to hike in the area, but along the way, I passed by the East Boston Camps area on Depot Street near Plain Road, and decided to check it out instead. The rough route I took here is shown below in pink.
I headed first to Burge's Pond, where there were a few nice views of it.


When I found a chance to get off the trail, I headed into a small camping area, locating the trail among the camp buildings leading to Stony Brook.
From here, I walked a bit along Stony Brook until the next intersection, whereupon I turned right to head back to Burge's Pond, where I took a few more pictures as I walked around the pond.














Finally, I made it back to my car, whereupon I decided to visit a few other places in Westford before heading to dinner. The next place I went to was the trails near Nabnasset Pond. The path I took after parking at the end of Birchwood Drive is highlighted below in pink.
The views of Nabnasset Pond were pretty good, and there is a beach area here as well.



After passing the pond, I headed along the Estuary TRail to try to see the Shipley Swamp, but there were only partial views, hindered by the trees here.

When I found the path out back to the road, I took it, entering onto Lakeside Terrace, turning right on Grassy Lane and Birchwood Drive to return to my car.

The next place I went to was the Slifer Conservation Area, located on Keyes Road near Gould Road. Along the way, I saw a nice view of Keyes Pond from Keyes Road.
When I finally found the parking area, the path I took to try to get better views of Keyes Pond is shown below in pink.
Goose Pond was nothing to look at, but when I got close to Keyes Pond, I realized there were no good views of Keyes Pond to be had here.
Goose Pond
Dejected, I headed to Tyngsborough for dinner. With $30 to spend, I decided to get the Cream of Pepper Soup, the Spinach and Artichoke Pop-a-Tinis appetizers, and finally the Vitello alla Taormina, consisting of tender veal sauteed in marsala wine sauce with onions, mushrooms, artichokes and prosciutto, topped with mozzarella cheese.
Cream of Pepper
Spinach and Artichoke Pop-A Tinis
Vitello alla Taormina

The soup had too much red pepper taste to it, while the Pop-A-Tinis were interesting looking but okay in taste, and I hardly ate 2 bites of the pasta before I was done.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed by this place, but then again, Tyngsborough is a small town I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment