Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14th 2012: Dinner at Colonial Restaurant and Pub, Webster

Today, I decided to treat my fellow colleague to dinner for the work he had done for me, so I decided to use one of my Livingsocial deals at the Colonial Restaurant and Pub in Webster, where I had $50 to spend. I had looked at the menu prior to this, and the only way I was going to be able to reach the $50 mark was if I took someone along with me, so this was a perfect opportunity to use the coupon.

Along the way, we passed by the Oxford United Methodist Church in Oxford.
Oxford United Methodist Church
The restaurant actually looked pretty fancy for a family restaurant, although the food was actually pretty cheap. In order to make up the $50, we had to order a lot of stuff, which came in pretty big portions, and the entrees came with side soups and salads too. The appetizers we got were the clam fritters, which felt like they did not have any clams at all, and the Money Bags, which were pretty much like Chinese Wontons.
Caesar Salad
Clam Fritters










Money Bags
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup










The Caesar salad was okay, though a little salty, while the tomato basil soup was pretty sour for my taste, although my colleague liked it. With respect to the entrees, I ordered the sirloin steak, while my colleague got the stuffed haddock.
Stuffed Haddock
Sirloin Steak










By now, not only were we stuffed already, but the food was actually quite a disappointment as well, with my steak being overly cooked and dry instead of the rare steak I had ordered. My feeling sick after yesterday's ordeal in Athol just made it all the more worse. It is rare that I do not like the food being served, I guess it suffices to say that we are never coming back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment