Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18th 2012: Dinner at Bamboo Asian Cuisine, Bedford

Today was the last chance I had to try out restaurants in Bedford before the biking event, so I decided on trying Bamboo Asian Cuisine. Before that, I headed to Chelmsford for some hiking. The first place I headed to was Bartlett Park on the corner of Acton Road and Bartlett Street, close to the town center. The path I took while here is highlighted below.
I first came onto a small open field, and when I came to the path leading to the Bartlett Woodlot next door, I decided to go check it out first before coming back.
The path I took here is highlighted below in pink.

The path was a simple loop, and at the end there was a small waterfall in the middle of the wood.










The next place I went to was the Russell Mill Pond and Town Forest, located behind Murphy Field on Mill Road. The path I took here to try to get views of Russell Mill Pond is highlighted below.

Unfortunately, all along the way, there was only one good view of the pond.
With that, I decided to head to Billerica, where I visited the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at 70 Concord Road, and the Nutting Lake area on Middlesex Turnpike near Lake Street, where the town beach is also situated on.
The views I got here of the lake with the setting sun were spectacular.












From here, I headed to Bedford to have dinner. The restaurant is similar in design to Bamboo Asian Cuisine in Westford. I decided to get the Celtic Maki, and the Oriental Crispy Pad Thai.
Celtic Maki
Oriental Crispy Pad Thai










Both dishes were pretty okay, but I had already decided by now that Asiana Bistro would be where we would have dinner for the biking event tomorrow.

My chef friend had his birthday today, so it was off to Oishii in Boston next, where I got some dessert while
waiting for him to get off work. This time, I got the Yubari Ice Melon, not knowing what to expect.

What I saw, I thought was a real melon at first, but as I ate, I realized that the "meat" was actually melon ice cream, while the "skin" was a strip of white chocolate. The red wine raspberry coulis on the side was a splendid touch as well.

When my friend finally got off work, it was already past midnight, and we went to the City Bar, located within the Lenox Hotel on Exeter Street. I got the Mango Mule cocktail, while my friend got a few glasses of veuve clicquot wine on me. I did not enjoy my drink, but at least my friend had a good time with his friends from work. With that, I drove my friend home, and proceeded home to rest for tomorrow's biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment