Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17th 2012: Dinner at Ka-Noon Thai, Bedford

Today of the second day of exploring restaurants in Bedford. The first place I went to today was for a hike at the Lt. Edward Hope Bovey Woodlot, located on High Street near Ray Hill Road. The path I took here, which was basically the only path, is highlighted below in pink.

I walked to the supposed viewpoint, but there were no views to be had, even when I reached the Bruce Freeman Trail. Disappointed, I backtracked to my car, then headed to the Kroll, Calder, Larter Pasture at ~30 Proctor Road. The path I took here is highlighted below in pink.
The trails in this place were not really maintained, being covered in tall grass, although the path is clear between two lengths of stone walls. The supposed views here were not to be had either.

After another disappointment, the last place I went to hike at in Chelmsford was the Cranberry Bog Reservation Area, located at 60 Elm Street. The path I took here to explore the area is highlighted below in pink.
I walked the main path to try to get views of the Cranberry Bog Reservoir #1, but there was only 1 place all along the way that had good views of it, and even after crossing into Carlisle, there were still no views to be had, and I had to walk all the way back from where I came.

I decided at this point that I would not be able to do any more hiking for the rest of the night, heading into Billerica to continue where I left off yesterday.
First Congregational Church

Old Bennett Public Library
St. Theresa of Lisieux Church
Church of Saint Mary
I was not done with Billerica just yet, but I had to get to Bedford before the restaurant closed, so I was forced to leave. However, on the way there, I happened to spot the St. Malachy Church in the town of Burlington, and I could not help but stop to take a picture of this interesting looking church.
Finally, I reached the Ka-Noon Thai Restaurant, which is actually pretty near to the Asiana Bistro which I went to yesterday, and right next to Cafe Luigi, which I went to some time ago. This place is not as fancy though, and not as much variety of food either. I decided to get the curry puffs, which came with Thai Chilli Sauce, and the Jungle Basil Curry with Beef and a side of rice.
Curry Puffs
Jungle Basil Curry










Both dishes were actually pretty good, with the curry puffs reminding me of home, and the curry having a unique taste without coconut present. However, the place can't compare to Asiana Bistro.



No comments:

Post a Comment