Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st 2012: Dinner at Maxwell's Toolhouse, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to head to Maxwell Silverman's Toolhouse in Worcester, which I read about from Phantom Gourmet. Along the way, I passed by the Islamic Society of Greater Worcester.
Islamic Society of Greater Worcester
The restaurant is located in an old industrial building, and though the exterior does not look like much, the interior was actually pretty posh, like an upscale restaurant.
After looking at the menu, I finally decided on the Beef Wellington, which is topped with a mushroom pate and wrapped in puff pastry, lined with a demiglaze and bearnaise sauce. It also came with a side of soup, which I chose to be the turkey and vegetable soup.
Turkey and Vegetable Soup
Beef Wellington










The soup was tasty enough, but I was quite impressed with the Beef itself, with not only the meat being really tender, but the sauces and the pastry went extremely well with it, and the mashed potatoes on the side were some of the best I've ever tasted. I wonder why this place is not rated on Yelp.

No comments:

Post a Comment