Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23rd 2012: Exploring the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

Today after work, I realized that the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston has admission by voluntary contribution on Wednesday nights, so I decided to go check it out. For dinner, I decided to use one of my Livingsocial deals at Andrea's House of Pizza in Watertown. To spend my $30, I got a large Meat Lovers' Pizza, the Ziti Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, and the Baklava and Kataifa desserts, the last 2 being something you would not normally find in an ordinary pizza joint. 
Baklava (left) and Kataifa (right) Dessert
Ziti Chicken Broccoli Alfredo


Meat Lovers' Pizza
 After having my feel of pizza and keeping the rest till later, I headed into Boston. I was really lucky that I actually managed to find free roadside parking right next to the museum, and started my visit here taking a few pictures of the sculptures here before heading in.



Once inside, I still had to get a ticket, so I decided to donate $2 given my luck at parking tonight. I had a few hours before closing, but I did not know how long it would take me to explore the entire museum, so I walked briskly through all the exhibits, taking pictures whenever I saw something interesting. I enjoyed walking down the hallways and entering the spacious exhibition rooms. Pictures of the various exhibits follow.



Assyrian Art

Greek Art

Egyptian Sarcophagus
In the main dining area


The Beauty of Mirrors
Asian Art


Real image

Reflection



















Ships






















The museum was so large, I was amazed that I even managed to find my way out of the place, much less explore the whole museum. My mission accomplished, I headed back to my car, walking around the other side of the museum and enjoying the beautiful weather. Another day of exploring well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment