Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 24th 2012: Taking an Ice Cream Break in Auburn

Today, I happened to see that there was a Livingsocial deal for $20 worth of ice cream at Coco's Tropical Ice on 1 Swanson Road in Auburn. I did not think it was possible to spend that much money at an ice cream place, so instead of buying the deal, I decided to go check it out myself during my lunch break. The place itself was nothing much to speak of I guess, and the menu seemed pretty limited as well. I decided to get a small "Root Beer Float" made of root beer flavored ice mixed with vanilla soft serve ice cream, served in a small plastic cup you can find in any supermarket.

Root Beer Float
The ice cream was pretty ok I guess, with the artificial flavoring playing the largest part in the flavor.

On the way back, I happened to spot a war memorial on Auburn Street close to Southbridge Street, close to the Auburn Senior High School, so I decided to stop for a bit to take pictures before heading back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment