Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16th 2012: Dinner at Asiana Bistro, Bedford

I am hosting a meetup event in Bedford this weekend, so I decided to do some research on the restaurants in the town where we could possibly go for dinner after the event by actually trying them out. Hence, after work, I went to the town of Carlisle to do some sightseeing at Greenough Land, where I parked at the parking area on Maple Street close to Milne Cove Road. The path I took here to get to Greenough Pond is highlighted below in pink.
The walk to the pond was actually pretty long along the Wood duck Trail, with a lot of side trails, but thankfully I managed to stay on track and somehow found the pond. Some pictures of it follow as I walked around the pond.












I wanted to make my way to the Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, but the path was totally flooded, and I was forced to backtrack all the way to where I first came upon the pond, then continued following the pond using the connector trail. The views of the wetlands here were ok as well.









From here, I headed to the Vietnam Veteran's Park located at ~269 Treble Cove Road in Billerica, across the road from the Middlesex Corrections Facility.
There's a nice memorial here, and Winning Pond nearby.


From here, it was a few other places in Billerica before the darkness fell.
First Parish Unitarian Church
Billerica Public Library













Town Common,
Boston Road and Concord Road


With my camera being useless in the dark, I headed to Bedford to try out the Asiana Bistro
The decor in this place is surprisingly nice, and they actually serve Malaysian food too, other than Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Thai. I decided to get the Sunny Maki, made of surf clam, shrimp, avocado, cucumber, flame seared yellowtail, flying fish roe, scallion and spicy mayo, the Beef Chow Fun Noodles, and the Chicken Massaman Curry. The sushi was ok I guess, while both the noodles and the curry were pretty good.
Beef Chow Fun Noodles
Sunny Maki



Chicken Massaman Curry
With that, I added this restaurant to the list of possible restaurants to bring the bikers to.

No comments:

Post a Comment