Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1st 2012: Dinner at 7 Nana, Worcester

Today, I had originally wanted to check out the new restaurant that had taken over from Junior's Pizza Grille at 346 Shrewsbury Street in Worcester, the Vintage Grille. However, I also wanted to check to see if Allgos Sweets and Drinks was still open, thinking it was a bakery or something. As it turned out, it only opened at 6pm, and as there was another new restaurant that I really wanted to try here, 7 Nana at 60 Shrewsbury Street, a branch to the restaurant in Billerica, I decided to go there instead. 

Not knowing what to expect, I was surprised by how classy this place looked when I stepped in, as can be seen from the pictures I took.
Restaurant decor



After looking at the menu and being spoilt for choice, I decided to go for the Spicy Tuna Gyoza appetizer, which was served atop guacamole and Thai mango chili aioli.
The guacamole was an interesting addition to this asian dish, made even more so with the use of spicy tuna, and overall really delicious. I decided to get the Fancy Lobster (a maki roll) as well, mainly because it said "with exotic presentation", and I was really awed by what I saw.

Placed on a bed of ice, with fruity gels surrounding the center, an entire lobster shell along with other decorations were used, although the edible stuff was just simple rolls.








To be honest, even though the presentation looked good, the rolls were just so-so, consisting of soy paper wrapped around lobster, king crab and mango with a topping of mango salsa.

My last dish was entree sized, being the Duo of Duck, consisting of Fennel Crusted Duck Breast and Crispy Duck with Red Wine Sauce, which was presented really well as well.
This time, I enjoyed the dish thoroughly, although I could not finish it.
I must say that this restaurant is now my new favorite restaurant in Worcester.

If you thought that was the end of it, there was more to come when I got home. My friend had bought 5 live lobsters to boil and eat for dinner. While waiting for the water to boil, I decided to take some pictures of one of the lobsters. I have never held a live one before, so I was a little apprehensive that it might retaliate and snip off my fingers with its claws, but thankfully it did not.


It was heart wrenching though when it came time to cook the lobsters, to see them squirming in the boiling water after they were thrown in and being slowly cooked to death.

But I still enjoyed my second steamed lobster in 4 days regardless, although I think the one I had at Fresh Catch Restaurant and Sushi Bar in Mansfield was still much better in terms of quality of meat.




No comments:

Post a Comment