Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3rd 2012: Cupcakes from CocoBeni Confections, Northborough

Today, I had to work late again, but in between experiments, I managed to take some time out to go home and nap a little. After my nap, I decided to reward my colleagues who had been helping me by buying some cupcakes from CocoBeni Confections in Northborough, where I had a Livingsocial deal for $20.

The shop was a typical bakery, but the cupcakes in the store looked really artistic and delicious. For $20, I got 7 cupcakes and 2 cake pops, mini balls of cakes on sticks that I have never tried before. Among the cupcakes were S'mores, blueberry vanilla, Peanut Butter cream, orange creamsicle, and even one that was Olympic themed, topped with a white chocolate coin. The Bailey Pop and the Orange cream Pops were really delicious, while I managed to taste the cream from most of the other cupcakes and the coin from the Olympic cupcake. I have to say, all the cupcakes were as good as they looked. I definitely recommend checking the bakery out.
When I was able to take a break for dinner, I went to the Vintage Grille at 346 Shrewsbury Street to check the new bar-restaurant out. The place looks pretty much the same as the former Junior's Pizza Grille did, now bedecked with all sorts of car parts to make it look like the garage it used to be in the old days. There did not seem to be anything really unique on the menu though, so I decided to get a bowl of Vintage Chilli, served with tortilla chips and topped with jalapeno peppers, which was actually pretty good.









My main dish, the Creamy Tomato Sausage Florentine, a penne pasta dish with roasted sausage, spinach, mushroom and fresh garlic in a creamy tomato sauce, was just okay though, with it being a little too sour for my liking.

Overall, I would say this is a great place to come hang out for a drink with friends, but foodwise, it's just like any other typical bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment