Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23rd 2012: Dinner at J.J. McKay's, Wayland

Tonight after work, I decided to have dinner at J.J. McKay's in Wayland, a typical bar restaurant, with my friend, where I had a Livingsocial deal for $30 worth of food.

As I had left work late, and with traffic making it worse, I was at least 30 minutes late. Thankfully my friend was not angry, and we quickly sat down to order our food. She decided to get the Eggplant Stuffies, made of tender breaded eggplant stuffed with spinach, artichoke, romano and parmesan with zesty marinara, while I got the Sauteed Baby Beef Liver with caramelized onions and bacon strips, something which I have never tried even though I have seen it on the menu at many restaurants.
Eggplant Stuffies
Sauteed Baby Beef Liver










Both dishes were actually pretty good, with the eggplant being a little spicy, while my liver and onions were so tasty I ate the onions as well, which I usually don't like.

The Blueberry Pie dessert, however, was a little bit disappointing as my friend and I thought it wasn't too fresh.
With that, as we were both really tired, we decided to head on home after an enjoyable meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment