Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21st 2012: Dinner at Mikaku Japanese Restaurant, Northborough

Today after work, I had originally wanted to have dinner with my friend at J.J. McKay's in Wayland, but as she was too tired today, I decided quickly to head to nearby Northborough to try out Mikaku Japanese Restaurant.

The place is pretty small, but nicely decorated.
Not wanting to spend too much today, I decided to get the two most unique maki rolls I saw on the menu, namely the Black Rice Mermaid, made with nutritious black rice, with shrimp tempura wrapped with snow crab and tobiko, and the Mikaku Special roll, made with Lobster, scallop, snow crab, avocado, cucumber, green leaf, spicy mayo, tobiko and sesame seed.
Black Rice Mermaid (top) and Mikaku Special Roll (bottom) 
Although both rolls were pretty interesting, neither had much flavor. I'll probably give this place a pass next time. Definitely nowhere near the standard of Yama Zakura in the same town.

No comments:

Post a Comment