Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 14th 2012: Dinner at B Street Bar and Restaurant, Newton

Today after work, I was to meet my friend for dinner at the B Street Restaurant and Bar in Newton. I had some time before dinner, so I decided to head into Brookline to sightsee for a bit.



William H Lincoln School
Maimonides School


After visiting 3 places, my friend called to say she was leaving work, so I headed to the restaurant, which does not accept reservations. I almost could not find the place when I got there, being at the corner of Centre Street and Beacon Street in Newton. I had to park illegally in order to put in my name for a place before rushing back to my car to find a legal spot nearby.

When I walked back, my friend had just arrived, and thankfully we only needed to wait 5 minutes to get a table.
The restaurant itself is really small, although it is pretty well decorated. While we were there, there was also a lady singing with a guy playing a guitar on the side, which made for a lovely dinner mood.

We had $50 to spend today, so I got the Oven Roasted Herbed Half Chicken with English Pea Risotto and Herb Pan Sauce, while she got the Herb Rubbed Lamb Chops with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Watercress Salad and a Red Wine Demi Glaze.
Oven Roasted Herbed Half Chicken
Herb Rubbed Lamb Chops



I typically don't order chicken as it is usually very dry, but this time my chicken was simply excellent, while her lamb was done really well as well.

To top it off, we got the Peach and Blueberry Crumble a la mode, which was the perfect end to a wonderful dinner.
After dinner, we walked around Newton Center for a bit, going past the First Baptist Church, Newton Center Common on Beacon and Center Street, and the Langley Place at 10 Langley Road.

From here, we decided it was time to head home after a long day. Definitely a great choice of restaurant tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment