Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28th 2012: After Work Party at Pour House, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup event at the Pour House in Back Bay, Boston. I arrived a little early, so I decided to walk about for a bit to take some pictures, especially of the Copley Square area.
John Hancock Tower
The Berkeley Building


Old South Church
Trinity Church



The Newbry Building
Fairmont Copley Plaza
Fountain at Copley Square
Farmer's Market at Copley Square
The Hare and the Tortoise






Westin Copley Place
Trinity Place


Still having some time, I headed inside the Boston Public Library to have a look around, and the inside was beautiful, especially the courtyard in the middle.
Boston Public Library Main Branch
At the entrance
Main Room
















The courtyard

The Norman B. Leventhal Map Center is also located here.











Back outside, I headed to the Pour House, then realized after passing the Prudential Center that I still had not taken some pictures there, so I headed in to do so.
One Exeter Plaza
Hynes Convention Center



I passed by the monument in front of the Prudential Center before entering to go to the South Garden,

which was beautiful this time of day.


The South Garden









After this I finally headed to the Pour House, which was pretty much a regular bar, although apparently it is the #1 bar in Boston. A meetup acquaintance had won a reservation for a group of 50 for a buffet, and had decided to turn it into a meetup event. The buffet was not much though, consisting of hot dogs, nachos and salsa.

I had to leave early though, as my parking on Newbury Street was only for two hours. On my way back home, I took a few more pictures, along Newbury Street and at the Museum of Fine Arts.
The Prince on Newbury Street


John Endecott Statue,
Forsythe Way and Fenway



Baby Heads,
Museum of Fine Arts
With that, a pretty fruitful day of picture taking in Back Bay Boston was done.




No comments:

Post a Comment