Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10th 2012: Lunch at Plaza Azteca, Worcester, Dinner at Fred's Chinese Food, Shrewsbury

Today was the last day of work for 2 of my intern friends, so my department decided to do a farewell lunch at Plaza Azteca in Worcester. This place does not look like much from the outside, but inside the decor is actually really nice. On top of that the food is not that expensive either. We ordered the Queso Fundido, made of chorizo, roasted peppers, onions and melted cheese for an appetizer, which was really good, especially with the tortilla chips. For my lunch, I got the Chile Rellenos, with 2 poblano chile peppers deep fried in a flour batter, served with crema fresca, queso fresco rice and beans. It did not look like much, especially from the picture, but it was pretty good as well.


After work, it was pouring heavily, so I decided to check out Fred's Chinese Food at 380 Maple Avenue for dinner. This place is just like any other Chinese takeout restaurant, and I was still a little full from lunch, so I just got the Sesame Chicken, considering I had not had Americanized Chinese food in a while.
Unfortunately, the chicken was not even crispy. What a disappointing end to the day. The heavy rain did not help either.

No comments:

Post a Comment