Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13th 2012: Dinner at Pho Lam, Worcester

Today after work, I was craving for Vietnamese food, so I decided to check out the last Vietnamese place in Worcester I have not been to, Pho Lam at 91 Stafford Street.

While being located in the outskirts of town, the ambience here is actually pretty decent, second only to Pho Dakao. Once again staying away from my favorite dish, Pho, I decided to try an expensive appetizer, the Kho Ca Duoi Dac Biet Mam Me (Grilled Dry Salty Stingray With Tamarind Sauce), which was pretty good actually, especially with the tangy sweet tamarind sauce served on the side, but after awhile of eating the stringy, dry and salty meat that I had to tear off by hand, I had enough of it. The chicken stew, Dac Biet Com Ga Ra Gu,  however, was excellent and I drank it dry.
Kho Ca Duoi Dac Biet Mam Me 
Dac Biet Com Ga Ra Gu










Having tried all the Vietnamese restaurants in town that I know of, I think I'll rank this place second to Pho Dakao, with Saigon Restaurant on 976 Main Street coming in third.

No comments:

Post a Comment