Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9th 2012: Dinner at Saigon Restaurant, Worcester

Today while taking a dinner break from a long day at work, I decided to have dinner at Saigon Restaurant on 976 Main Street in Worcester.

This place is actually pretty nice compared to most of the other Vietnamese restaurants I have been to, although Pho Dakao in the same town is still the best in terms of ambience and decor.

Deciding not to get regular beef pho like I always, I got something with a slight twist, the Pho Xa Te, made of raw beef noodle soup with Sate Chilli sauce. For a side I got Muc Lan Bot (Fried Squid), and for a drink I got a Sapota (chiku) milkshake. My drink which came first was pretty interesting, slightly sweet, as I have not had chiku in a long time since I was young. I was a little disappointed when I saw the fried squid, as it was literally just cuttlefish rings fried in batter, and it cost 6 bucks!
Sapota Milkshake
Muc Lan Bot
Pho Xa Te










Thankfully, the Pho was really good and spicy. I still prefer Pho Dakao though.




No comments:

Post a Comment