Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7th 2012: Dinner at New Shanghai Chinese Restaurant, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup event at New Shanghai Restaurant in Boston. Leaving work a little early, I decided to do some sightseeing in Brookline, heading first to the Lost Pond Sanctuary at the junction of Arlington Road and Craftsland Road.

The route I took while here to get to Lost Pond is shown below in pink.
The pond itself wasn't much to look at.
There was nothing much else to see here at this conservation area except for a walk in the woods.

The next place I went to was the Skyline Park, which was really nearby on Newton Street and Nelson Drive. This place is the newest park in Brookline, built on top of an old landfill. The views from the top here, where there is a soccer field and a walking path, are pretty serene.





From here, I decided it was time to head into Boston, heading to Washington Street to find parking there. After parking, I passed by the Cathedral of the Holy Cross and the Tufts Medical Center along the way.
Cathedral of the Holy Cross
Tufts Medical Center
Boston Skyline from Washington Street


The restaurant is right across the street from Golden Leaf Karaoke. I never realized that this place had a pagoda at the top of the building.
Golden Leaf Karaoke
By the time I entered the restaurant, almost everyone was there already. We took some time to order our food, not being able to decide on what to get, but eventually we ordered several dishes, all of which were pretty good, although still typical compared to the other restaurants in Chinatown. Pictures of them follow.
Scallion Pancake
Yu Hsiang Eggplant



Szechuan Twice Cooked Pork Belly
Sesame Chicken and Beef with Snow Peas


Soup Dumplings
Bok Choy with Mushrooms

Crispy Whole Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce
Salt and Pepper Calamari











By the time dinner was over, it was already pretty late, so I decided to take off and walk back to my car. I decided to try out my new camera for night pictures, and it was actually pretty decent compared to my old camera.
Teddy Bear Statue outside Floating Hospital for Children


Tufts Medical Center at night


The Metropolitan
With that I headed home for the day, glad I got my new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment