Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29th 2013: Dinner at 88 Wharf Waterfront Grill, Milton

Today after work, just like last week, I had to go pick my friends from NYC up from South Station in Boston, so I decided to have dinner at the 88 Wharf Waterfront Grill in Milton. Before that, I visited the old Whitin Mill area at ~23 Douglas Road in Northbridge,
Cotton Mill Apartments,
17 Douglas Road
Whitin Mill
Whitin Mill Dam
Uxbridge,
North Uxbridge Baptist Church
Rice City Pond,
Hartford Avenue East near Oak Street
a few churches in Mendon,
Taft Public Library
Faith Baptist Church,
7 Main Street
Unitarian Congregation of Mendon and Uxbridge
Old St. Michael the Archangel Church, 
29 North Avenue
Mendon Community Church
the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church in Hopedale,

and Millville,
St. Augustine's Church
St. John's Episcopal Church,
49 Central Street
Church of New Hope,
63 Central Street

where the Udor Tower I took a picture of the last time I was here has been reconstructed.

and the First Baptist Church at 1172 South Main Street in Bellingham

before the sun went down for good.

The restaurant is situated at Milton Landing by the water, and is pretty upscale.

For my groupon, I decided to get the soup of the day, a Lentil Soup,

2 appetizers, namely the Kickin' Shrimp (lightly breaded, tossed in sambal cream sauce)

and the Cusabi Scallops (lightly breaded, tossed in cucumber wasabi sauce),

and the Lobster L'American (sauteed lobster, haricot vert and fennel, mushroom ravioli, cognac cream sauce) for my main dish.
The appetizers looked pretty similar but they were extremely scrumptious with distinctly different flavors, the shrimp being sweet while the scallops had the distinct horseradish taste. The soup was okay I guess, while the main dish was pretty dissappointing for a lobster dish, being a little bland.

Finally for dessert, I got the Crepe filled with Chantilly cream, blackberries and Strawberries.

Not too bad either.

With that, I headed to South End to pick up my friends and headed home from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment