Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13th 2015: Chinese-Indian Dinner at Chinese Mirch Restaurant, Framingham

After work today, I decided to use my deal at Chinese Mirch Restaurant, a Chinese Indian fusion place with nice decor in Framingham.


There was so much interesting stuff on the menu, I had no idea what to go with. I started with a Mint Lassi for a drink, which was a little salty, but still pretty wholesome.

I wanted to try more,  so I got the Goan Cooler (Mango juice and pineapple juice, topped with whipped cream), which was just the right amount of sweet and sour.

For appetisers,  I got the Szechuan Bhel (most popular Indian street food tossed in Chinese szechuan sauce),

the Paanipuri Shooters (crisp round puffed "puri" fooled with Spiced Cumin potatoes, onion and chickpeas served with a trio of flavored water (paani)),
 and the Manchow Soup (Green Chilies, Vegetables and Crispy Noodles with Chicken).
The soup was pretty good, while the bhel, which had onions in it, was crispy and flavorful such that I could not taste the onions. Simply excellent. Best of all though were the puri, which were cups for the delicious sauces in the cups that I poured into the puri before gobbling them up.

My entree, the Crispy Szechuan Lamb (Twice Cooked Crispy Meat, tossed with Red and Green Chilies),

was a little on the salty side, but mainly because I chose not to eat rice with it.

I still had more to spend on my deal, so I got dessert, getting the Mithai Wontons (crispy wontons stuffed with Indian sweets, served with saffron sauce)
and the Berry Blast Bites (raspberry mousse tart, blueberry Cheescake, raspberry almond cake, strawberry torte).
Once again, really good, especially the wontons with their sweet filling and the dipping sauce.

Definitely the best Indian food I have had to date. Didn't know it was so close to home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment