Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12th 2015: Meals in Waltham and Brookline

After work today, I headed into Waltham to check out a pub, The Gaff, where there was supposed to be a meetup event for trivia.  I decided not to do the trivia part of it, arriving early to order the Gaff Dog (quarter pound beef Frank topped with spicy candied bacon, Caramelised Onion and grilled Pineapple.  Served on Iggy's brioche Roll with fries).

I have to say, the Hot dog was surprisingly delicious for a dive bar, especially for someone who does not like the feel of Onions. I did not even know they were present at all.

After the meal, I decided to head into Brookline to use my deal at Lee's Burger Place at 1331 Beacon Street. This place is a pretty new Burger Place in town, with interesting stuff on the menu.

Unfortunately,  they did not have the Strawberry Fries, so I just went with the Strawberry Mary (Strawberry, tomato, celery, radish and lemon) drink
and the Hummus Burger (Lee's homemade garlic Sesame Hummus,  onion rings and pickles).

The drink had too much celery Flavor for my liking, but wasn't too bad, while the burger was pretty tasty. I would not think it is the best Burger in town though.

No comments:

Post a Comment