Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 21st 2015: Checking Out the Bare Cove Fire Museum in Hingham

After my doctor's appointment this morning, I decided to head into Worcester to grab a bite before going into work, going to Tom's International Deli, a deli located within a Greek convenience store. Unfortunately, they did not have any Greek stuff available, so I just went with a Corned Beef and Pastrami Sandwich.

Nothing amazing, but filling anyway.

After work, the people at the Bare Cove Fire Museum in Hingham told me they would be open, so I decided to head down to the area, going for dinner at the Union Fish Seafood and Raw Bar in town. I somehow thought that it would be another Fried Seafood place,  but it's actually a pretty upscale bar restaurant.
Unfortunately,  they were all out of Seafood!! I definitely did not expect that for a Seafood place of all things. Thankfully, they still had Clam Chowder, so I got that to start off,


and it was pretty hearty and flavorful.

I got the Bacon Wrapped Dates (blue cheese,  Balsamic drizzle),

Which wasn't too bad, although the blue cheese was a little too strong for my liking.

My Grilled Filet (roasted garlic cake,  haricot vert), though well cooked,
was way too simplistic to be worth 30 bucks.

Thankfully, the dessert Macadamia Blondie Sundae (vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce, whipped cream) I got
was sinfully sweet and crunchy.

Guess I have to come back here for the seafood next time.

After dinner, I headed to the museum. It was a little hard to find, being at the end of a dark and winding road. Pictures I took here of the fire equipment on exhibit here follow. I didn't know sprinklers existed before the 20th century.

I'm glad I finally got to see this museum, after missing it two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment