Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17th 2015: Badminton and Dodgeball

I started out this morning in Watertown, going for breakfast at Tresca's Eating Place at 25 Church Street, as it was the only place open this freezing morning at 6 am.

With nothing interesting on the menu,  I went with a Hot Chocolate

and a Steak and Cheese Omelette.

The home fries weren't very tasty, And the omelet was just so - so.

The next place on my list was Crown Cafe at 106 Main Street nearby. Again, another uninspiring menu, even for a small Greek place, and with my earlier meal, I decided to just get a Single Pancake.

Pretty big for a pancake, and nothing out of the ordinary.  Good thing I did not order more.

Finally, a small cup of White Hot Chocolate which tasted really artificial from Kefi's Kitchen and Coffee, a tiny place that only have 2 tall tables to sit at.

A disappointing morning for breakfast.

After badminton in Waltham, I had a meetup lunch to go to in Quincy at Pho Linh, a pretty nice looking Vietnamese restaurant.
When everyone arrived,  we got the Cha Gio (Fried Imperial Rolls, hot Crispy Roll consisting of ground pork,  Shrimp,  taro, shitake mushrooms and thin vermicelli,  served with Sweet fish sauce)

and the Goi Cuon Tom (shrimp spring rolls, served cool to the touch and are light and refreshing, with Shrimp,  mint,  lettuce and vermicelli wrapped in soft Rice paper,  served with Peanut sauce) for appetisers.

Not too bad.

For food, I got the Hu Tieu Hay Mi Kho (dry rice noodle soup, with shrimp,  Sliced steamed Pork,  ground Pork and Fish meatball tossed with homemade soy sauce, served with small bowl of soup),

While my friends got a bowl of Pho

And the Bun Bo Hue Dac Biet (with sliced Shank,  Shrimp meatball,  Tendon and Pork knuckle in beef broth with Minced lemongrass, served with thick vermicelli Noodles).

I wish I had more sauce for my Noodles,  although overall the meat wasn't too bad.

After lunch,  I went to Sharon to visit the Sharon Historical Society.

Pictures I took of the few exhibits here follow.
From here, I headed to Abington for a hike at the Ames Nowell State Park, the path I took being shown below in pink.

The pond here was beautiful, though frozen and covered with a layer of snow. Pictures I took here follow.
By this time,  I decided it was time for my next meal, at the American Legion Post 137 Bar and Grill, a bar restaurant with interesting military decor in Holbrook.
With my deal, I got the Devil Wings

Steak Tips and Fries (kobe Marinated steak tips,  peppers and Onions served with fries).

The steak tips were pretty tasty,  although the wings were a little soggy.

Overall, nothing special about the menu though.

After dinner,  I went to check out the new Beanstalk attraction which has taken the place of the trapaze school which I tried doing trapeze at a while back at the Jordan's Furniture in Reading, which turned out to be a miniature kiddy version of the ziplining park I went to a few months back,  so I decided not to try it out in end.

I left for Danvers from here, going to watch "American Sniper" at the AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20. I did not know this was a true story until the end of the movie. Pretty good. No wonder it got nominated for an Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment