Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31st 2015: Badminton and Movies

I started out today with breakfast at Jake's Restaurant and Coffee Shop in Marlborough, getting a Hot Chocolate

and Jake's Benedict (English muffins topped with hash,  Poached eggs and cheddar cheese sauce), a twist on the usual hollandaise sauce.

Not bad, and the hash was Crispy as well.

I played badminton with my friends as always,  then headed to Mulan in Waltham for lunch with them.
Sauteed Crispy Chicken
Fish Filet with Chili Pepper
Stir Fried Rice Cakes with Pork
Stir Fried Pea Pod Stems with Minced Garlic
Beef with Leek Wrapped in Pancakes
Sago Dessert

We got a few new Dishes this time around,  namely the Honey Spare Ribs,

The Pork Belly with Salted Vegetables


And the Shredded Beef, Peking Style.

Not too bad, Although today something seemed a little off with the food.

I originally had plans with my friends to go to a concert tonight, but as they cancelled at the last moment,  and I had time on my hands,  I decided to head into Quincy to get some takeout Pizza from Balducci's House of Pizza, getting the Zoe (bacon and French Fries),

the Hawaiian Pizza (Ham and pineapple)

And the Egg and Cheese with Bacon Sub.

Other than the French Fries which were an interesting ingredient for pizza,  the other two things I got were just so so.

From here,  I visited a few places in Hingham
Public Library
Hingham Congregational Church
Old First Church of Christ, Scientist
Hingham Town Hall, 210 Central Street
Veterans Memorial, 210 Central Street
South Shore Baptist Church
Second Parish in Hingham Unitarian Universalist
South Fire Station, 847 Main Street
South Elementary School
Notre Dame Academy
Church of the Resurrection
National Guard, 96 Central Street
Until it got dark,

Then headed into Weymouth for dinner at Kelly's Landing, a pretty small bar restaurant in town.

The only interesting thing on the menu was the Steak and Beans (cut Sirloin with baked beans and brown bread), which is exactly what I got.

Not bad, mainly because of the bean sauce.

After dinner,  I headed back into Hingham to watch "Strange Magic" and "Whiplash" at the Patriot Cinemas.

Not one of the better theaters around,  and I can't believe I was able to sit through the animated film, which was ridiculously outrageous and cringingly awkward at times.

The story about a drummer was also very bizarre, not sure why it's nominated for Oscars. Oh well. Looking forward to watching the Super Bowl tomorrow with friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment