Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 24th 2015: Showing a Friend Around Boston in the Snow

My friend and I woke up today with the snow already falling,  and it would be that way for the rest of the day. I drove slowly into Boston, parkng in the sheltered Boston Common Garage.  We walked apple the Boston Common a little,

before heading to the Thinking Cup to grab a bite.

My friend got a Sausage and Egg on a English Muffin,

While I got a Plain Cheesecake.

Nice start to the morning.

We walked to the Boston Public Garden from here,

where the mother Duck was wearing a scarf today.

Next, Newbury Street, Copley Square,

and the Boston Public Library.

I brought my friend up to the Top of the Hub to have cookies there, But there were no views to be had because of the terrible weather. Oh well.

We wanted to have lunch at Fogo de Chao, but they are only open for dinner, so we headed to the Fairmont Copley Plaza

for food at the Oak Long Bar and Kitchen. Really nice place,
and the Croquet Madame (confit pork shoulder, gruyere beschamel, fried egg) we got was sinfully exquisite.
After our meal, we walked to the Esplanade in the rain,
then all the way to the TD Garden,

where we decided to take a break at the Equal Exchange Cafe. I got the Steamer, which I needed to add sugar to because it was plain.

At this point, we decided to take the T to Aquarium T Station, heading into the Boston Marriott Long Wharf for a bit
before visiting Long Wharf itself.

Our final stop for the day was the Faneuil Hall area, after which we went to Koy Boston, a relatively new Korean fusion restaurant nearby.
With my deal, we got the Master Chang's Chicken (Crispy chicken, Thai chili peppers, secret spicy sauce), a spicy Korean version of General Tso's Chicken,
the Pepper Octopus Leg (Crispy braised octopus, red pepper salad, Korean pepper powder, chili mayonnaise), which was really fresh,
and the BBQ Short Rib (Grilled short rib, white wine and butter onion salad, Korean pepper flakes), which were tender and delicious.
 Overall, a definite recommend from me.

With that, the rain had turned back to snow, and with the sun already set, we decided to head home for the day. Gotta get up early tomorrow to do a little more sightseeing before my friend heads home.


No comments:

Post a Comment