Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 4th 2015: Exploring Taunton and Raynham

I started out today in Taunton, visiting a few places
Barstow's Pond, 37 Middleboro Avenue
Holy Family Church
East Taunton Fire Station
Christ Community Church
Richmond Pond, 624 Middleboro Avenue
Taunton Municipal Airport

Weir Fire Station

Sacred Heart Church, 29 1st Street
At this point, I was feeling hungry, and headed to Deavila's Restaurant in town to get some breakfast, getting the Hawaiian Waffle (ham in waffle, topped with pineapples and honey),
which was actually pretty good, the pineapples providing an adequate amount of sweetness.

I resumed my sightseeing after breakfast,
Memorial United Methodist Church
Memorial Park,
175 Somerset Avenue

Winthrop Street Baptist Church
Allan M Walker Insurance Agency
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Baptist Church of All Nations
Seventh Day Adventist Church,
109 Winthrop Street
Old Washington School
Kilmer Street Fire Station
Galligan School
St. Andrew the Apostle Church
Taunton Green,
Winthrop Street and Main Street
Taunton Superior Court


Crocker Building,
4 Court Street
Taunton Public Library
Pilgrim Congregational Church
Lothrop Memorial Building
St. Mary's Catholic Church
Morton Hospital
St. Anthony Church
Central Fire Station
Old Colony Historical Society
Church Green,
Church Green and Dean Street
First Parish Church
Taunton City Hall, 15 Summer Street
Old Colony Railroad Station
Albert Field Tack Company
Old Juvenile Court,
21 Court Street 
Weir Village Riverfront Park
Leddy School
Trinity United Methodist Church
Christ Community Church Main Campus
and after a while I felt hungry again, heading into the Silver City Galleria
to get food from Fuji Chen, located inside the food court there. I got the Orange Chicken with BBQ Roast Pork and Fried Rice.
Pretty good and filling for a cheap price.

Finally going on a hike at the Massasoit State Park, the path I took is shown below in pink.

A pretty nice area with great views of the water bodies here.
After finally getting back to my car, I headed into Raynham to start my sightseeing there. 
First Baptist Church
Raynham Veterans Memorial,
558 South Main Street
Town Hall, 558 South Main Street
Memorials,
760 South Main Street
First Congregational Church
Johnson's Pond Park
108 North Main Street
King's Pond, 85 Gardiner Street
St. Ann's Church
Hewitt Pond, End of Rogers Way
Calvary Chapel
Raynham Taunton Greyhound Park
When I was done with Raynham, I still had some time before the sun set for good, so I headed into West Bridgewater. 
West Bridgewater Baptist Church
With that, I called it a day for sightseeing, heading to Easton for dinner at Porticello Ristorante, a pretty nice looking Italian place in town.

I got the Veal Carrozella (veal scalloping sautéed in A white wine demi topped with Fried mozzarella puffs)

Which was really delicious,

As was the Peach Ripieno ( in peach shell) I got for dessert. 

Excellent meal to cap my 2 weeks of intense exploration of Massachusetts. Back to work tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment