Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5th 2015: Dinner with a Friend at Beat Hotel, Cambridge

After work today, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Beat Hotel in Cambridge. I have been here before in the past for brunch, and wanted to see what dinner is like after having a good experience then.

Before that, I used my deal for a large Buffalo Chicken Pizza at University House of Pizza in Boston.

Nothing extraordinary, really.

Arriving in Cambridge, I still had a lot of time, so I headed into Cafe Pamplona,  an underground like cafe where there were some students studying. With my deal, I decided to get a Hot Chocolate,

A Red Gazpacho

And a Rum Cake.

Not too bad for a tiny Cafe like this.

I finally headed to the restaurant itself, where everyone was standing around at the bar.  I had to go outside to get my friend as she could not find the place,  and when we finally came back to the place,  I decided to just get a table near the stage instead of having her stand like everyone else.

Soon after we ordered our food, the jazz band started playing, and the music was actually pretty good.

I liked the Ice Cider (Eden Vermont,  "Heirloom Blend", West Charleston, Vermont) I got, being pretty sweet,

And for food we got the Grilled Octopus (Heirloom tomatoes, arugula, parsley sauce)

And the Herb Roasted Rack of Lamb (truffled Mushroom bread Pudding,  Winter greens).

The octopus was so fresh it had the texture of fish and wasn't chewy in the least bit, while the posing was delicious,  going well with the tender Lamb).

The Pumpkin Cheesecake we got for dessert was delicious as well, although we could not finish half of it.


Excellent dining with a friend, with excellent music to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment