Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 10th 2015: Exploring West Bridgewater and More

I started out this morning in the town of West Bridgewater,
West Bridgewater Public Library
Drury Bell, 40 Howard Street
First Church
St. Ann's Church
going for breakfast at the Sunnyside Cafe in town,

getting a Hot Chocolate
and the Pigs in a Blanket.
Interesting concept, but nothing extraordinary in the end.

After breakfast, I resumed my sightseeing in town,
Memorial,
North Main Street and West Center Street
Town River Reservoir,
260 Ash Street
Town Common,
65 North Main Street
New England Baptist Church
Joy of Pentecost Church
West Meadow Brook Pond,
End of Spring Street
Mill Pond, 168 Crescent Street
Temple Baptist Church
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
visiting the beautiful War Memorial Park

and going on a hike to find the Skim Milk Bridge, located inside 140 Scotland Street on Maple Street.

The Skim Milk Bridge can be found by walking the path to the Town River from here.
I also went on a hike at the Beaverton Woods, the path I took being shown below in pink.

There was nothing much to see here though.
With that, I was done with West Bridgewater.

I headed into Taunton next,
Segreganset River Reservoir,
77 Laneway Street
visiting the Old Colony Historical Society in town.
From here, it was on to Attleborough to visit the Attleboro Area Industrial Museum
The Franklin Historical Museum in Franklin was next,
where the curator told me to go check out the interior of the Public Library in town. I was a little disappointed at first exploring the new but drab wing of the library, but thankfully I looked out a window to spot the beautiful old section of the library on the first floor.
Finally, it was time to head to Boston for my meetup lunch at The Old Havana Cuban Restaurant, located at 349 Centre Street in the Jamaica Plain area. Unfortunately, as it was the New England Patriots Playoff Game today at the Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, I got stuck in traffic there and ended up being really late for lunch.

When I finally arrived, everyone had already ordered. I decided to get the Beef Liver Steak (with white rice and black beans and fried ripe plantains),
which were just alright I guess. Thankfully I had fun conversing with my friends at my side of the table.

From here, it was on to Cambridge, where I had a deal to use at Bisuteki Tokyo, located within the Courtyard Marriott Cambridge.
I decided to get the Agedashi Tofu (Fried tofu topped with scallions and coated with tempura sauce),



the Sake Aburi (Mixed tobiko kani scallion avocado top with torched salmon eel sauce),
the Volcano Maki (Spicy tuna maki topped with a torched scallop, tobiko, crabstick, and mushroom mixture),
and the Spicy Crispy Maki (Crabmeat, spicy mayo tempura crumbs, scallion, fish eggs inside, and tuna on top), which I somehow forgot to take a picture of.

The food was pretty good though, but I could not finish the rolls and had to box them to go. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the boxes with me when I left the place. Oh well.

Overall though, nothing amazing compared to other places I have been to in the area.

I decided to call it a day for sightseeing at this point, seeing that the sun was quickly setting already. I went to watch "Predestination" at the Apple Cinemas in town instead, a pretty complex movie about time travel starring Ethan Hawke. Not bad actually.

After the movie, I was feeling hungry again, so I headed to Winchester to have dinner at the Swanton Street Diner at 72 Swanton Street. This place definitely looks more like a restaurant than a diner on the inside.

I got the Goat Cheese Lamb Chops (Australian lamb with warm goat cheese and walnuts over Mediterranean risotto) for my meal.

Unfortunately, the many vegetables in the risotto were not to my liking, spoiling the dish for me even though the lamb chops were well cooked. Perhaps I should have ordered something else. Oh well.

With that, I called it a night for the day. Looking forward to snowtubing for the first time tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment