Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18th 2015: Exploring Danvers and Beverly


I started out this morning in Danvers, visiting a few places in town
North Shore Unitarian Universalist Church
Putnamville Reservoir, 322 Locust Street
Maple Street Congregational Church
Lyons Ambulance Services
Danvers Fire Headquarters
St. Mary of the Annunciation Church
People's United Bank, 1 Conant Street
First Baptist Church
Pope's Landing Marina
Before going to breakfast at Harbor Cafe in town,

getting a Hot Chocolate
And the Stackemallow Crepe (Peanut butter,  Marshmallow fluff, Banana),

Both of which were delicious,  especially the Crepe.

I resumed my sightseeing after breakfast,
Crane River Marina
Sandy Beach, 44 River Street
Danversport Yacht Club
All Saints Episcopal Church of the North Shore
War Memorials, 1 Sylvan Street
Holy Trinity United Methodist Church
Peabody Institute Library
Mill Pond,
Pond Street and Peabody Avenue
First Church of Danvers Congregational
Danvers Witch Memorial
St. Richard's Church
Glen Magna Farms 
Essex Agricultural School
Ferncroft Pond,
30 Ferncroft Road
Visiting the Coco Key Water Park Boston North Shore,
a water theme park located by the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore hotel in town.
I next went to Gyro World, a small Mediterranean takeout place in town for a bite, getting the Mixed Meats Skepasti.

Nothing special. My next meal was at Rio Bravo Tex Mex Restaurant, a Mexican bar restaurant in town.

With my deal, I got the Elotes de La Plaza (grilled Mexican Corn topped with butter, Queso fresco, Chili powder and crema)

And the Crispy Calamari (Cajun Spiced Fried Calamari Served with habanero aioli dipping sauce) for appetisers.

The Calamari weren't too bad, although the Corn wasn't anything special.

My main dish was the Torta Ahogada (A traditional dish from Guadalajara Mexico, bolillo
(bread) stuffed with pork carnitas, lettuce, tomato & avocado topped with secret spicy cream sauce & pickled red onions).
The sauce was delicious, although I had to pick out the onions before proceeding.

After my meals in Danvers, it was on to Beverly for the rest of the day.
Bass River Walkway,
Elliott Street near McKay Street
Obear Park, End of Livingstone Avenue
Odell Park,
Rantoul Street and Broadway
Post Office
Beverly Depot
Gillis Park,
Porter Street and Webber Avenue
Independence Park,
35 Lothrop Street
Dane Street Beach, 93 Lothrop Street
Brackenbury Beach,
End of Brackenbury Lane
Endicott Beach, 416 Hale Street
Mingo Beach, 385 Hale Street



St. Margaret Church
St. John's Episcopal Church
North Shore Community Baptist Church
Glen Urquhart School
It took a while for me to find Headlands Park, the path to which lies at the end of Leech Street at its junction with Marion Avenue between 2 private residences. I'm glad I found it though, as the views of the rivers from the highlands here is awesome.
I went for another hike at Green's Hill, the path I took from the end of Woodland Avenue shown below in pink.
The views of the Bass River were okay, though not as good as from Headlands Park.
I wanted to go for a hike at the Sally Milligan Park on Cross Lane near Birch Woods Drive, but the memorial plaque which was the only thing I was looking for was visible from the road itself, so I chose not to hike it in the end.
I ended my day exploring Endicott College,


which had many interestingly painted water hydrants.
With that, I headed back down south to pick my friend up to go for dinner at Tresca, a nice upscale restaurant in the North End area of Boston.

This place is definitely one of the better restaurants in the North End in my opinion, being bigger and more classy. For food, we decided to get the Crispy Chive Crepes (wild mushroom, ricotta, black truffle)

and the Rolled Crispy Veal (wild mushrooms, marsala, tuscan kale, cherry, prosciutto),

both of which were pretty delicious.

We weren't full though, so we got the Dolci Tasting, consisting of their Raspberry Sorbetto, North End Classic (Trio of Modern Pastry cannoli filled with chocolate, ricotta, custard), Creme Brulee (made with nutmeg and Granny Smith Apples), Sogno di Cioccolato (warm chocolate truffle cake, espresso anglaise, Vanilla Gelato) and Tiramisu (Espresso Soaked Lady fingers layered with rum infused marscapone).

Pretty good. A great way to end a productive weekend of sightseeing and fun with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment