Saturday, January 3, 2015

January 3rd 2015: A Not So Productive Day

After playing badminton today, I headed to Malden for a meetup dimsum lunch at Yong Yong in Malden. This place is pretty nice and modern looking, having hot pot and sushi buffet at night too.
My table ordered a bunch of dishes, getting the BBQ Honey Pork Puffs, the Shrimp and Pork Siu Mai, the Steamed Spare Ribs with Black Beans, the Steamed Phoenix Feet, the Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf,
the Fried Shrimp Chive Dumplings,
the Pan Fried Turnip Cake,
the Shrimp Dumplings,
the Pan Fried Buddha Delight Roll,
the Fresh Shrimp Noodle Roll,
the Chinese Donut Noodle Roll,
the Dried Shrimp Tempura Noodle Roll,

the Durian Pastry Balls,
the Spicy Salted Calamari,
the Steamed Beef Tripe,
the Chiu Chow Dumplings,
and the Shark Fin Dumplings.
I have to say, it was definitely one of my better dimsum experiences here in the Boston area, better than even Chinatown. A definite recommend from me.

After my filling lunch, I headed to Revere to check out the Revere Society for Cultural and Historic Preservation, which happened to have an open house today. The curators here gave me a tour of the place, and the pictures I took here follow.
It was interesting to learn that Revere used to have a huge amusement park along Revere Beach.

From here, I headed into Marblehead for a hike at Forest River, where the path I took to get to all the viewpoints is shown below in pink.
The views of Forest River itself weren't too bad,

although the other water bodies here were nothing to speak of.
Heron Pond
With the sun setting, I headed quickly into the Wyman Woods nearby, the path I took being shown below in pink.
The views of the Salem Harbor weren't too bad,
but other than that, there wasn't much else to see here.

With that I called it a day, and headed into Revere for dinner at Bisuteki Steak House and Sushi Bar, located within the Four Points Sheraton Boston Logan Airport hotel.

I decided to go with the Tuna Amazing Roll (white tuna tempura, avocado, spicy tuna, topped with pepper tuna, mango sauce, eel sauce, tobiko),
the Hotate Hokkaiyaki (lightly seasoned sea scallop baked in the oven shell with Japanese spicy mayo)
and the Seafood Yaki Soba (Japanese stir fried noodles).
The sushi and the scallops weren't too bad, but the noodles were nothing to speak of.

With that, I headed to the Silver City Galleria in Taunton to watch "Annie" at the Regal Silver City Galleria 10.

Guess musical movies aren't my forte after all. What a disappointing day, except for dimsum.

No comments:

Post a Comment