Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7th 2015: Meals in Needham and Hingham

Today after work, I was intending to check out the Bare Cove Fire Museum in Hingham, so I headed first to Needham to use my deal at Stacy's Juice Bar.

With tons of healthy options on the menu, I decided to get the Veggie Chili (with quinoa, Chickpeas, beans and pulp from juices),

The Signature Raw Veggie Lasagna (Zucchini, tomato, Sun dried tomatoes, Kale Pistachio Pesto,  Homemade Cashew nut ricotta cheese)

And the Tropical Power Smoothie (Pineapple, Banana,  avocado, spinach, lime, coconut water, aloe, coconut oil).

The Lasagna was surprisingly good,  despite being totally raw,  while the Smoothie was a delicious concoction as well.

I headed next into Hingham, where I decided to have a second meal at the Greenside Grille, located within the South Shore Country Club in Hingham.

A pretty fancy bar restaurant,  though with hardly anyone on this bitterly frigid night.

For food, I decided to get the New England Clam Chowder (Fresh Clams,  potatoes, herbs, Bacon),

The Shrimp Three Ways (Two shrimp cocktail, 2 Pesto Marinated Grilled shrimp and 2 Fried shrimp with accompanying sauce)

And the Seafood Risotto (lobster tail, Shrimp, asparagus).

The different shrimp were all really tasty, as was the risotto.

I got the Bourbon Pecan Pie (Lingering flavors of Caramelised Crunchy Georgia pecans, Kentucky Bourbon, and a velvety filling, baked in a shortbread crust, Served with vanilla ice cream) for dessert as well.

A pretty unique take on my favourite dessert,  and the best one at that.

Unfortunately, I learnt that the Museum would not open tonight due to the extreme cold. At least the drive wasn't a total waste of time with the meal I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment